[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0073: Marking closures as executing exactly once

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Wed May 4 01:32:58 CDT 2016

>    * What is your evaluation of the proposal?

I like the proposal and I think it's a good idea, but I'm really not sure it is important enough to fix. Looking at the proposals already accepted, half of them are still waiting for an implementation. Several will probably never make it in time for Swift 3. And I don't feel like the current issue is less important, and will require more implementation effort, than many other issues still waiting for an implementation.

>    * Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

See above, but I think not.

>    * Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

I does fit well.

>    * If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

No.

>    * How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

A detailed read of the proposal.