[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0032: Add find method to SequenceType

Patrick Smith pgwsmith at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 18:21:43 CDT 2016

* What is your evaluation of the proposal?

Yes, seems like a great addition. I have wanted a method like this quite a few
times.

* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

Yes, I think it adds an essential part to Sequence.

* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Yes, it’s surprising it wasn’t there already; it feels a very natural
addition.

* If you have you used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

.find() is the name I have seen elsewhere, and this proposed functionality is
the same.

* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

A quick reading, and had followed some earlier discussion.

**Patrick Smith**

On Apr 29 2016, at 4:11 am, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution <swift-
evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> Hello Swift community,

> The review of "SE-0032: Add find method to SequenceType" begins now and runs
through May 3. The proposal is available here:

> https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0032
-sequencetype-find.md

> Reviews are an important part of the Swift evolution process. All reviews
should be sent to the swift-evolution mailing list at

> or, if you would like to keep your feedback private, directly to the review
manager.

> What goes into a review?

> The goal of the review process is to improve the proposal under review
through constructive criticism and, eventually, determine the direction of
Swift. When writing your review, here are some questions you might want to
answer in your review:

> * What is your evaluation of the proposal?
* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
* If you have you used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

> More information about the Swift evolution process is available at

> https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/process.md

> Thank you,

> -Chris Lattner
Review Manager