[swift-evolution] SE-0066 Reaction

Andrew Bennett cacoyi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 09:01:42 CDT 2016

I initially had similar concerns to Mishal, but I worked my way through it
and found I was wrong.

In current Swift you can have a function:
A -> B -> C

Adding brackets for clarity, that is equivalent to this (current Swift):
A -> (B -> C)

After this proposal this will become:

Which can also be expressed (with proposal):

I don't think this is making it harder to do what you want. I think that's
what Chris meant. Please correct me if I'm wrong Chris :)

By my interpretation it is just removing the syntactic ambiguity between:
 * a single argument that is a tuple of type: (A, B, C)
 * multiple arguments: A, B, C

 This is a small change with a big win.