[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0072: Fully eliminate implicit bridging conversions from Swift

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Tue Apr 26 16:55:53 CDT 2016

> The review of "SE-0072: Fully eliminate implicit bridging conversions from Swift" begins now and runs through May 2. The proposal is available here:
>
> 	https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0072-eliminate-implicit-bridging-conversions.md

The problem with removing things that are implicit is that it's really hard to know when you're depending on them. :^) Is there a feature flag or branch we can turn on to disable them, or some way we can discover where code depends on implicit conversions? Without that, it's really hard to assess the effects of this proposal.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies