[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0067: Enhanced Floating Point Protocols

Rainer Brockerhoff rainer at brockerhoff.net
Sun Apr 24 08:17:46 CDT 2016

On 4/23/16 21:53, Brent Royal-Gordon via swift-evolution wrote:
>> public protocol FloatingPoint: Comparable, IntegerLiteralConvertible {
>> public protocol BinaryFloatingPoint: FloatingPoint, FloatLiteralConvertible {
>
> Any reason why FloatLiteralConvertible isn't on FloatingPoint?

While I'm not competent to comment on the other points, I would venture
to suggest that, in order to accomodate a future Decimal type (and
DecimalFloatingPoint protocol), a BinaryFloatLiteralConvertible may be a
necessary subset of FloatLiteralConvertible - as some literals don't
have a lossless binary representation, etc.

--
Rainer Brockerhoff  <rainer at brockerhoff.net>
Belo Horizonte, Brazil