[swift-evolution] [Proposal draft] Make Optional Requirements Objective-C-only

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 19:56:41 CDT 2016

Not an expert on Obj-C compatibility in Swift by any means, but this
reads like it's largely a change of nomenclature. To me, though,
`objcoptional` reads exceedingly poorly. Why not emphasize the Obj-C
compatibility angle by requiring the `@objc` attribute to precede each
use of `optional`? (In other words, effectively rename `optional` to
`@objc optional`.)