[swift-evolution] Lazy var and deinit

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 05:49:55 CDT 2016

For exactly this example, from my point of view, b.clean() is actually
using of the "b" property. Compiler, and I, don't know what '.clean()'
means and actually it is the same as

deinit {
   b.doSomethingCool() // << shouldn't "b" created here to process your
request?
}

But probably I understand the problem you are trying to solve.
How to check if lazy property/variable was actually initialized, so you can
call its ".clean" only when it was really created and used. I.e. we just
don't need to call b.clean if "b" was not even called and so was not created.

Right now I can't find a way to check this, probably I'm missing something..
So the question is : how to check if b was or was not actually "created" :
(something like)

deinit {
	if let b {
		b.clean()