[swift-evolution] [SR-933] Rename flatten to flattened

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 01:18:52 CDT 2016

Dave, could you clarify your message with more details please.
Are you saying that "map" will be "map" in Swift 3.0 and that "flatten" is
the same kind of special case when we don't need to rename it?

Just checked. Don't understand. In Swift 3.0 (mar 24) there are "map"
"filter" "reduce", not "mapped" etc as I though. IMO all this renaming is
becoming more and more strange. IMO We'll have inconsistent language at the
end. Or this is just old version of Swift 3.0 and newer have "mapped" etc ?
Confused.

Now in 3.0(mar 24), we have arr.sorted() but arr.map (not .mapped())
arr.filter (! I expect a mutating filtering of the arr itself according to
API Design Guidelines) etc.

OK.. Could someone point to where "we" decided that map/filter/reduce (and
probably others) will not be renamed according Guidelines or clarify the
situation with renaming of map/filter/reduce ? Thank you.