[swift-evolution] Crypto routines as part of the core library

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 01:24:12 CDT 2016

I believe we already have a number of community-developed crypto libs for
Swift, the problem is not in the lib itself. The problem, as I see it, is
in one _choosen_ (and so, well-tested and supported by main team) that will
be brought into Swift. Yes, also don't think Swift team should create such
a new crypto lib from zero, some well-known lib imo will be better solution.
The question is - are there any plans in Swift team to provide "built-in"
crypto libs for Swift 3.0+ ?