[swift-evolution] [Completing Generics] Arbitrary requirements in protocols

Maximilian Hünenberger m.huenenberger at me.com
Tue Apr 12 11:35:15 CDT 2016

Hi Jacob,

I really like the idea of constraining associated types. However I think there could be a much more general solution to this problem by introducing "Partially constrained protocols".

I've already created a (almost finished) proposal for another thread which hasn't continued. It attacks the same issue as "Arbitrary requirements in protocols": https://github.com/Qbyte248/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0000-Partially%20constrained%20protocols%20and%20generic%20types.md

Unfortunately I have (almost) no time to discuss this in depth or completely finish the proposal. So feel free to copy my proposal add yourself as coauthor and start a new thread. Or just take it as an inspiration :)

Kind regards
- Maximilian

PS: Looking forward to a new generics model :)