[swift-evolution] Proposal: disallow nil in favor of .None

Brandon Knope bknope at me.com
Sun Apr 10 16:14:30 CDT 2016

Just to be a little pedantic (with a point though):

This will actually become .none in swift 3 which actually makes me support this idea even more.

nil -> .None looks goofy to me
nil -> .none looks just right

But this is a bold change and is something people are use to from other languages, so I'm sure this will be an uphill battle for you, but "none" does make more sense. Or even renaming nil to none would fit optionals even better

Brandon

Sent from my iPad