[swift-evolution] [Draft]: Introducing a striding(by:) method on 3.0 ranges

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 08:25:26 CDT 2016

What types do you have in mind that would only support positive distances?
All numeric types (yes, even UInt, etc.) have signed distances, which
reflects the basic mathematical abstraction of a number line.

A consistent behavior with signed distances is so important that we are
currently struggling with an interesting issue with floating point types,
which is that due to rounding error 10.0 + a - a != 10.0 for some values of
a.