[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Custom operators

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sat Apr 9 08:40:16 CDT 2016

> On Apr 9, 2016, at 6:36 AM, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
> I do think it is useful to be able to specify precedence relationships without having to define a “group”, to avoid boilerplate when you have one operator at a logical level (“??” for example).

Thought there is the obvious counterpoint: sugaring this one case doesn’t seem worthwhile, given how infrequently operators are defined.  It is quite reasonable to start simple and always require an operator to be a member of a group.  We could eliminate that boilerplate at some point down the road if it is an issue in practice.

-Chris