[swift-evolution] SE-0025: Scoped Access Level, next steps

David Waite david at alkaline-solutions.com
Wed Mar 30 21:11:37 CDT 2016

I wonder if perhaps it would be clearer if public was used for indicating something was published, even if it is published to a restricted set:

public(#all)		- expose outside the framework, shortened to public
public(#module)	- exposed module-wide, default if omitted
public(#file)		- expose to other code within the file
private			- not exposed outside lexical scope

named contexts such as a particular type or other module would be possible in the future via non-# names, and multiple contexts could be possible in the future via comma-separated values

-DW