[swift-evolution] Implicit Type Conversion For Numerics Where Possible.

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Wed Mar 30 08:07:04 CDT 2016

Sometimes, it's definitely desirable to have implicit conversion… but sometimes, it's not, so I think the current behavior is good.
I guess most of us have a zero tolerance policy for warnings, so those would be treated like the current errors.

It is possible to define operators that take numerics with different types as a workaround, and imho it wouldn't hurt to have a module that implements those operations.