[swift-evolution] SetAlgebra naming update

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Mon Mar 28 23:25:37 CDT 2016

> On Mar 28, 2016, at 5:34 PM, Erica Sadun via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> That said, I'd really like to see a Swift Doc markup that allows you to mark
> pairs of mutating/nonmutating functions, not from a compiler point of
> view but in doc markup.
>
> /// - nonmutatingVersion:
> /// - mutatingVersion:
>
> What group handles expansion of the markup keywords and how can I file a
> feature request asking for this to be added?

swift-evolution is the right place for this.  As I mentioned in a different thread, I think that having a more general “relatedto:” notion would be useful to have.  There are interesting relations between methods other than mutation.  One example is the localized vs non-localized versions of string operations, etc.

-Chris