[swift-evolution] SetAlgebra naming update

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Mon Mar 28 12:25:26 CDT 2016

I don't love it but given how long we've spent discussing this and you've spent thinking about it I can believe it's the answer that makes the most sense. I do have one question: what are 'element(_:subsumes:)' and 'element(_:isDisjointWith:)' for? Imported option sets with non-orthogonal options? I know that's not that uncommon, but I don't know why I would need dedicated operations for it, especially when these types have Element == Self.

(The naming guidelines also fall down on static methods like this. The base name doesn't describe the operation at all.)

Jordan