[swift-evolution] SE-0025: Scoped Access Level, next steps

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Sun Mar 27 21:19:01 CDT 2016

> I created a pull request with the updated proposal:
> https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/pull/234

As long as you're updating the proposal, I'd like to suggest you explain more explicitly the visibility of members marked with your new access level. I know I was surprised that nested types cannot see a parent type's members, and I've seen other people in this thread who seem to believe this behaves like the classic C++/Java `private`, where extensions can see the members. I'm sure you think it's fully specified, but it just seems to be a point of confusion.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies