[swift-evolution] Draft Proposal SwiftPM System Module Search Paths

Ankit Agarwal ankit at ankit.im
Sat Mar 26 14:15:36 CDT 2016

> It is a convention to name the .pc file after the library link-name, so
> we can determine which .pc file to ask pkg-config for by parsing the
> .modulemap file in the Swift package.

what about the cases where .pc file doesn't matches the link-name from
modulemap for eg : gtk+2 or 3 has these link-names: `link "gtk-2.0"`, `link
"gtk-3.0"` and .pc files are `gtk+-2.0.pc`, `gtk+-3.0.pc`

One option could be an optional in Package -> `pkgconfig: "gtk+-2.0"`

----

Probably not in scope of this proposal, I noticed that pkg-config can give
versions of the system libs, would it be a good idea for user to mention a
version range of system lib while creating the modulemap wrapper package.

Ankit