[swift-evolution] SE-0025: Scoped Access Level, next steps

Jose Cheyo Jimenez cheyo at masters3d.com
Sat Mar 26 12:10:29 CDT 2016

The word 'external' is growing on me but as the (module access).

public (unchanged)
external (module access)
internal (file access)
private (scoped access)

module access = has external access from other files in the module.
file access = has internal access to current file
scope access = has only access to the current scope.

Private will align with other languages definition of private.
I don't think public should change and I don't like all the others to be called private(levelofprivacy).