[swift-evolution] Feature proposal: Range operator with step

David Knothe dknothe314 at me.com
Thu Mar 24 02:34:27 CDT 2016

I see your point that a simple extension on ranges and similar types would also do the thing.

But I do think that this is not as easy as many users would expect.
For example, I try to avoid parentheses in for loops as much as I can, but in your example, 4 additional brackets are required. A simple keyword („step" or „by“) would solve the problem seamlessly.

Also, a new template could be introduced that shows the existence of the new keyword:

I think adding such a new keyword would improve the ease and the clearness of the Swift language more than just adding some protocol extensions.