[swift-evolution] A (better) Swift Equivalent For The Classical For-Loop With Numeric Scalars

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Wed Mar 23 23:04:23 CDT 2016

>> But honestly, other than distaste, I don't see much of a practical issue with putting an `if` or `guard` on the first line with a `break` in it. That still clusters the iteration logic at the top of the loop, even if it's not quite in a single statement.
>
> True, but we could have argued the same about the `where` keyword and that is in existence. :-)

I believe I've spoken against the `where` clause earlier in this thread, but if I didn't, I will now: I don't like it. However, I believe it was added at the same time as `case` in the variable slot, and essentially as part of the same package of features, so I at least understand where it's coming from.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies