[swift-evolution] Feature proposal: Range operator with step

Haravikk swift-evolution at haravikk.me
Wed Mar 23 18:02:09 CDT 2016

I’m behind the idea in principle, but I’m not so sure we need a new keyword for this:

	for eachIndex in (1 ..< 10).by(2) { … }

The above would be adequate I thin, and just requires a new method on ranges and similar types. This is being discussed, among other things, in the c-style for loop discussion, as these were recently removed but without a replacement for this type of use-case.