[swift-evolution] [Draft] Adding a Build Configuration Import Test

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Wed Mar 23 02:21:22 CDT 2016

> My guess is most often one will want to import exactly what one is testing (Brent example) but I guess it would be very handy to do something like
>
> #if canImport(Foo)
>    import Foo.Bar as FooBar
> #endif

I don't see any particular reason you couldn't support anything `import` can support in an `#if import`.

I think we'd be better off extending our existing `@available` and `#availability` mechanisms to test module versions in addition to platform versions. Two small, orthogonal features are better than one big, confused one.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies