[swift-evolution] Pre-proposal: Safer Decimal Calculations

Andrey Tarantsov andrey at tarantsov.com
Sun Mar 20 12:43:28 CDT 2016

I have no stake in this proposal, except for:

> I suggest, therefore, that this acceptance be indicated by
> an annotation to the literal; a form such as ~0.1 might be easiest to
> read and implement, as the prefix ~ operator currently has no meaning
> for a floating-point value.

Whatever you do, don't touch the literals! I specify NSTimeIntervals of 0.1, 0.2, 0.25 etc all over the place, and I couldn't care less if my animations are one femtosecond off.

Don't pollute everyone's apps with tildes just because there's a niche that needs to care about precision loss.

A.