[swift-evolution] A (better) Swift Equivalent For The Classical For-Loop With Numeric Scalars

Charles Constant charles at charlesism.com
Sat Mar 19 17:49:08 CDT 2016

>  I know it is a barrier for some but other languages such as Python don’t
support this construct and no one will deny that Python is heavily used in
numerics.

I'd like to see a comparison, but Python "for" loops seem more flexible to
me than Swifts. It's been a couple years since I moved to Swift, but I
vaguely remember a lot of cool loop stuff in Python, like "for {} else" for
empty loops, etc.