[swift-evolution] [swift evolution] [proposal] Proposal to add "implement" keyword to denote protocol method implementation

Daniel Duan daniel at duan.org
Sat Mar 19 03:12:33 CDT 2016

Victor Gao via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at ...> writes:

> Motivation
>
> When writing an implementation for a protocol method, there is no indication
> that the method is an implementation of a protocol method.

Yes there is. If a implementation of a protocol is incomplete, then the
compiler will complain. Also, knowing about a protocol before implementing it
seems like a good idea.

Also, I think that "looking up definitions is hard" is not a strong enough
reason to warrant this change.

A type can automatically fulfill requirements of some protocol right now. This
change would break that too.

So, -1.