[swift-evolution] Removing explicit use of `let` from Function Parameters

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Thu Mar 17 14:15:44 CDT 2016

> On Mar 17, 2016, at 12:58 PM, Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com> wrote:
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 17, 2016, at 11:49 AM, Erica Sadun <erica at ericasadun.com <mailto:erica at ericasadun.com>> wrote:
>
>> The three reserved words are, if memory serves: let, var, and inout
>>
>> var is gone. this would kill let. and `inout` is moved to modify types.
>
> So by upending this part of the language we've managed to remove the special cases for argument labels. I view that as success.
>
>   - Doug

Agreed.

If Nicholas doesn't bite, I'm happy to throw this one into the "SadunProposalGeneratorType" instance.
I think I can write proposals now in my sleep and this is one that just seems to have an absolute beautiful
resonance with clarifying the language and letting the special cases disappear into the aether.

-- E