[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0047 Defaulting non-Void functions so they warn on unused results

Haravikk swift-evolution at haravikk.me
Wed Mar 16 17:51:06 CDT 2016

> 	• What is your evaluation of the proposal?

Strong +1.

> 	• Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

Yes, as it should help prevent mistakes (i.e- not adding it). It should also clean up code as I find myself adding the attribute a lot more than I omit it. In fact cases where I have a return value but don’t want a warning are very rare in my experience.

> 	• Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Yes, as it should prevent mistakes by making the less common case the exception.

> 	• How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

Quickly re-read the proposal, but participated in the discussion.