[swift-evolution] SE-0025: Scoped Access Level, next steps

Haravikk swift-evolution at haravikk.me
Wed Mar 16 03:18:26 CDT 2016

I like the idea of repurposing brackets after private to do this. I think though that it might be better if there were also a private(type) option to allow us to be explicit about it, even if we can still type just private to use it by default.

About replacing private(set), the examples you’ve given look like computed properties, and being able to put the accessibility declaration before the setter is a good option, but for stored properties I think we also need a way to specify the restriction, for example private(file: set) to enable setting the value only at the file level. This means that private on its own is by default actually private(type: get set)