[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0046 Establish consistent label behavior across all parameters including first labels
pierremonodbroca at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 15:09:11 CST 2016
• What is your evaluation of the proposal?
• Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
Yes : the problem is significant without being overwhelming, and the solution seems rather simple.
• Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
Yes, it increases consistency. Both between the first parameters and the others, and between a function declaration and its signature.
It was one of the first think to bother me in Swift.
• If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
• How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
I read the proposal, and rather quickly parts of the discussion.
More information about the swift-evolution