[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Make the first parameter in a function declaration follow the same rules as the others

Ben Rimmington me at benrimmington.com
Wed Mar 9 15:02:47 CST 2016

+1

I'd like the same rules for subscripts:

e.g. public subscript (_ index: Int) -> Element

And also for closures, so that the Clang Importer can use the same block parameter names as Objective-C:

e.g. public func enumerateByteRanges(_ block: (_ bytes: UnsafePointer<Void>, _ byteRange: NSRange, _ stop: UnsafeMutablePointer<ObjCBool>) -> Void)

The latter wouldn't affect public API, but could be used in Xcode's auto-completion of the trailing closure.

-- Ben