[swift-evolution] [RFC] New collections model: collections advance indices

Антон Жилин antonyzhilin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 05:05:07 CST 2016

In the RFC, I see that indices only requires `next`. I like this scheme a
lot, it's very altruistic, like in C++. Get, increment, end check - nothing
more is required to work with iterators.
I like extracting everything optional to Collection hierarchy, and don't
like adding Equatable, Comparable or Hashable constraints on iterators. If
you need Hashable in a specific scope, declare it as a generic constraint.
I didnt really read the whole RFC, so I could have misunderstood something.