[swift-evolution] [Draft] Mixins

Jim Driscoll jim.a.driscoll at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 14:44:12 CST 2016

Regarding multiple inheritance of protocols, it shouldn’t be a huge problem from the developer’s perspective to have multiple values for the same property because you’d have the same expectation as if there had just been multiple assignments: last one wins. The problem I’d see for the example scenario is that the semantics of the property may be completely different, in which case having a value that the protocol doesn’t expect may break it. The only adequate protections for that kind of matter is either preventing declarations of the same property across multiple included protocols or giving them their own namespaces (which would be a problem in itself).