[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0026 Abstract classes and methods

Vanderlei Martinelli vmartinelli at alecrim.com
Fri Feb 26 16:54:32 CST 2016

We have a hammer and pliers. Now we invented a screwdriver, let's throw the
hammer in the trash. (If it was a sonic screwdriver would be cool.)

I believe that each tool is used for a purpose. Taking the possibility of
other tools just because there is a new way to another does not seem to
make sense.

Otherwise, what about eliminate classes for good? What do you (plural)
think? So the Swift will be fully POP. (This remember me: "POP goes my
heart!" I can swear I'm listening someone singing this song here.)

I like POP anda I like OOP. I'd like to use both in Swift development.

Remembering that Cocoa/CocoaTouch is fundamentally made using classes and
subclasses in mind. I know that Objective-C does not have abstract classes,
but this is a defect, not a quality.

Well... Maybe we have a whole new  set of frameworks for OS
X/iOS/watchOS/tvOS coming and I do not know?

-Van