[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0026 Abstract classes and methods

Vanderlei Martinelli vmartinelli at alecrim.com
Fri Feb 26 13:28:19 CST 2016

>From the other thread, quoting myself:

"Do not take me wrong, I really like protocols and structs and I understand
how to use them, but it seems that many of us believe that the is something
wrong with classes and the protocol/struct is the new Holy Grail. I
disagree. New possibilites and new way to do things are always welcome,
mainly if they are solid and consistent and really solves the
problem intended to be solved.

I also understand that the Swift team does not want to introduce any new
keywords to the language. To tell the truth I think I need to read again
all the information on Swift. I thought the Swift would be one thing, but
looks like it will be another. It is likely that the wrong one is me.

Provide ways to create abstract classes and abstract methods is not a
"keystroke saver". It is one of many concepts involved in OOP, IMHO."

-Van