[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Instance Operators

Vanderlei Martinelli vmartinelli at alecrim.com
Fri Feb 26 09:35:59 CST 2016

Thank you for your feedback. My comments are below:

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Jordan Rose <jordan_rose at apple.com> wrote:

> I think this is a direction we want to go in, but how does this work for
> unary operators with a non-object type, and binary operators with a
> non-object LHS?

I'd like to see some examples regarding this.

> As DavidW said, it's important to figure out what this means for classes.
> (Don't forget asymmetrical operations within a class hierarchy, i.e. `A()
> == B()` vs. `B() == A()`.)

I think that currently the same problem can happen or am I mistaken?

> I also think you should subset out the change from "func" to "operator".
> Currently "func" and "operator" mean very different things, and discussing
> that here is just going to muddy your intent.

I updated the proposal draft (
https://gist.github.com/vmartinelli/67d6ad234c7a4e14f8d5) to remove the
change from `func` to `operator` keyword. Also removed the deprecation of
the current pattern.

> Jordan

-Van