[swift-evolution] Make non-void functions @warn_unused_result by default

Gwendal Roué gwendal.roue at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 16:47:52 CST 2016

Oh yes please, don't rush on this...

Who do we want to help here? API users, or API developers?

Considering that Swift may be on the verge of a great breakthrough, plenty of immature yet popular libraries will ship. Plenty have already shipped. This is a great sign of vitality. Should @warn_unused_result become the default, the quality of the code of the users of those libraries risks a brutal degradation, full of poor `let _ = ...`.

Gwendal