[swift-evolution] SwiftPM Xcode Integration

Andrew Bennett cacoyi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 19:01:27 CST 2016

Excellent news!

At the moment I have a workflow that uses xcconfig files and XCake:
    https://github.com/jcampbell05/xcake
XCake sounds similar to zewo, by the sounds of it, I think its author is
active on this list.

The main reason for my workflow is because it makes it much easier to make
new modules, copy configuration, and resolve merge conflicts.

In that context, I have a few questions:
 * Is it intended that the generated Xcode project will be checked-in?
 * Will the project duplicate information that SwiftPM specifies? file
references? configuration?
 * Will the rebuild clobber project configuration that SwiftPM can't
specify? This is probably fine. Maybe Xcode should make configuration
read-only in generated projects.