[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0030 Property Behaviors

Austin Zheng austinzheng at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 22:03:08 CST 2016

> In discussion with the core team, we've also strongly come in favor of applying behaviors to properties using attribute syntax, e.g.:
>
> @lazy var x = 111
> @delayed var x: Int
>
> They're definitely attribute-like, and we think it makes sense for behaviors to be the first of hopefully many kinds of user-defined behaviors. What do you all think of this direction?

Seems like a good idea.

It would be great if we could eventually nail down 'recommended semantics' for symbols like @, #, &, etc, and then normalize the language syntax to match. We have a couple of informal conventions emerging, but I find that (e.g.) trying to figure out why Language Feature X has a leading '@' rather than being a keyword is still rather difficult.