[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Enforcing Calling Super

Haravikk swift-evolution at haravikk.me
Wed Feb 17 17:30:13 CST 2016

I don’t believe so, at least in the case of a @super attribute, in which case it’s an option of that attribute, so a separate use-case, of course if there’s another term that can be used then I’ve no particular attachment to required, it’s just the most obvious term to me.

While I agree that @super on its own should imply required, I think we should still have the ability to explicitly state that that is the case (personally I prefer to be as clear as possible rather than relying on defaults) in cases like these.