[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0035 Limiting inout capture to @noescape contexts

Shawn Erickson shawnce at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 11:30:18 CST 2016

> * What is your evaluation of the proposal?

+1. It makes an surprising edge case no longer surprising and favors being
explicit about it when needed.

> * Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to
> Swift?

Yes, the edge case has surprised folks and I could see my own code
mistakenly running across this (hasn't yet).

> * Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Yes I believe so.

> * If you have you used other languages or libraries with a similar
> feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

N/A

* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading,
> or an in-depth study?

I missed the discussion but fully read and understood the proposal.