[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Replacing Equal Signs with Colons For Attribute Arguments

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Tue Feb 16 19:57:34 CST 2016

> Thoughts and feedback appreciated. Thank you, -- Erica

Wow, Erica, you're a machine. I meant to propose this but hadn't gotten around to writing it yet.

I agree that the version where you show an example is better. You might even want to do it before-and-after style, but that might be overkill.

It might also be a good idea to explicitly list the attributes affected by this change—that is, the ones that take labeled parameters. Again, this is not necessary to precisely define what's changing, but rather to help everyone evaluate the scope of the change. (It might be that @available and @warn_unused_results are the only ones; if so, the current wording doesn't make that clear enough.)

I'm obviously strongly in favor of this change, and I think this proposal is a great start; I just want to make sure it's expressed as clearly as possible so everyone will understand its relatively low impact. Keep up the good work!

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies