[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0031 Adjusting inout Declarations for Type Decoration
rparada at mac.com
Sun Feb 14 18:42:24 CST 2016
> The proposal is available here:
* What is your evaluation of the proposal?
* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
I think so. This is already explained in the proposal.
* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
Yes and it appears that it will help the language move forward.
* If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
Swift is different from other languages and more powerful in naming functions and their parameters. So it is difficult to compare.
The placement of the inout is difficult as the current placement conflicts with parameter labels. The new placement seems to resolve that conflict and still looks good.
* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the swift-evolution