[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0024 "Optional Value Setter `??=`"

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Sun Feb 14 05:18:04 CST 2016

-1

For me, the meaning of the operator isn't intuitive (it isn't hard to explain or understand, though).
So far, I did not miss "??=", and I think there are already some features marked for removal which are more valuable.

On the other hand, adding a new operator doesn't destroy anything, and it's only a tiny change, so the only real argument is keeping language and stdlib small.
Imho it would be a good idea to ask some developers that haven't read the proposal about their interpretation of "??=" to check how confusing it is.