[swift-evolution] [Guidelines, First Argument Labels]: Prepositions inside the parens

Dave Abrahams dabrahams at apple.com
Sat Feb 13 15:24:34 CST 2016

on Sat Feb 13 2016, Brent Royal-Gordon <brent-AT-architechies.com> wrote:

>> Yeah, delegates are weird.
>
> Did you ever see this suggestion of mine in the delegate method
> thread?
> <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.evolution/5777> It
> seems like you'd already concluded that there was no good solution and
> moved on to other topics, so I'm not sure if you did.

I saw it.  I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that there's no good
solution to delegate methods, but I do think the problem is a big hairy
one that deserves its own proposal.  Having a whole separate set of
guidelines to cover delegates would be unfortunate so I hope the
eventual solution is something we can do entirely in the importer and
brings these APIs into line with the rest of the frameworks.

--
-Dave