[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0030 Property Behaviors

Myles La Verne Schultz myleslschultz at icloud.com
Fri Feb 12 18:46:08 CST 2016

My apologies, I did not intend to be picky.  That case involving the use of .clear() just seemed like the most obvious.  My overall point was that if one has to reference the behavior every time the property is used, that becomes cumbersome and not really any better than what we have now.  So being able to apply property behaviors without have to

foo.[behavior].somethingHere()
foo.[behavior].instance = 1
etc. (pardon if I made any mistakes above, I was typing that from what I remembered from the proposal)

when we need to use them, would be more ideal.  In other words,

foo = 1
foo = nil
foo.doSomething()
etc.

I really like the idea of property behaviors, I just don’t like the syntax for how they are invoked.  That’s what I meant.  I really didn’t mean to mince words or be picky.  It was just a suggestion to help simplify the syntax if possible.

Myles