[swift-evolution] Analysis of case conventions for initialisms

Trent Nadeau tanadeau at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 17:44:49 CST 2016

My only strong objection is to option #3. Option 1 is okay. I probably
should have given that a +0 instead of a -1. My preference order is more
like:

Option #2
<an inch away>
Option #1
<somewhere around the moon>
Option #3

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Dave Abrahams via swift-evolution <
swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> on Thu Feb 11 2016, Dave Abrahams <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> > I just posted a write-up about various case conventions for initialisms:
> > https://gist.github.com/dabrahams/55fc5ece355da4664730.  I was surprised
> > at how it turned out, FWIW.
>
> FYI, it looks like the API guidelines working group has settled on
> convention #1, which is what the standard library currently does.
>
> Coincidentally, this seems to have resulted in the fewest number of
> strong objections in an area where strong opinions abound (except for
> Trent—sorry, Trent).
>
> --
> -Dave

Trent Nadeau