[swift-evolution] SE-0030 Property Behaviors

Антон Жилин antonyzhilin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 14:08:03 CST 2016

First of all, I insist that a deadline of less than 1 week is extremely
tough for this specific proposal. There are just too many details that we
need to work out, too many approaches to the problem that we want to
consider. As many people as possible should be able to express ideas on
this. A special request to core team is to extend the review to 2 week at
least, or even more if it will be needed.

I dislike the proposal as it is, especially the syntax. I think that
rolling out a language feature and "bikeshedding" it is only right if we
are ready to settle with most (although not all) of it. It's not the state
of things currently.

I have prepaired a draft (not real proposal) of my vision on the problem. I
tried to look at it from the other side, using existing Swift terms where
possible. Some wording or details might be off. Link to the gist:

https://gist.github.com/Anton3/f71a3e2ee29dffe1b9b2