[swift-evolution] ed/ing, InPlace, Set/SetAlgebra naming resolution

Jim Hillhouse jimhillhouse at me.com
Thu Feb 11 21:01:44 CST 2016

So, someone thought. I mean, if one is going to mess-up their English, why not 'intersectioning'? I'll just assume 'unioning' was a case of

Jim

jimhillhouse at me.com
512-484-9489

Sent from Jim's iPhone

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 7:29 PM, Dave Abrahams via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>

>> on Thu Feb 11 2016, James Hillhouse IV <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>>
>> The reason I commented on ‘union’ as a verb was because, with
>> ‘unioning’ proposed in SetAlgebra, I figured someone in the Swift
>> group must have been a fan of older verb-form usage of ‘union’.
>
> Yep, someone must've. ;-)

All kidding aside, brutally mangling 'union' into 'unioning' is was obviously a poor choice. Now I'm just relieved 'intersectioning' was avoided. ;-)